September 27th - October 3rd is World Meat Free Week! This topic is very close to our hearts, as Chris and I are both vegetarians. This week is not about making everyone go vego, rather, this week encourages you to think about how much meat you eat and the impact eating too much has on your health, the environment and animals.
Our meat free recipe today comes from Nutritionist Marika Ward, who is the creator behind 'The Vegetable Addict'.
'Crunchy Juicy Rice Paper Rolls are a spring time classic, best enjoyed in the warm air on a sunny day. Pair these with a Sweet Spicy Almond dipping sauce... and you have a match made in heaven.' - Marika Ward
Almond Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup natural almond butter
1/2 tablespoon tamari
1/2 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (or more)
Juicy Crunchy Rice Paper Rolls
1/4 small red cabbage, fine shredded
1/4 red capsicum, thin sliced
1 carrot, peeled & cut into match sticks
3 mini cucumbers, cut into match sticks
1/2 mango, thin sliced
1/2 avocado, thin sliced
A few sprigs of fresh mint
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
15 sheets of mini rice paper
1. Make your dipping sauce first by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until well combined.
2. Slice all your fresh ingredients.
3. Fill a wide shallow bowl with warm water. Using a damp tea towel as your base, place 1 sheet of rice paper into the warm water for 2-3 seconds. Lay onto the tea towel, quickly layer with a rainbow of vegetables in the centre leaving a gap at the top and bottom.
4. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of dipping sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
5. Wrap the roll by folding in the top and bottom up, and then tightly roll to wrap.
6. Repeat until ingredients are finished.
7. Dip into remaining sauce and enjoy!
Rice paper rolls can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge wrapped with a damp tea towel to keep fresh.
Looking for more Meat Free recipes? Try our Broccoli Pumpkin Pie or our Teriyaki Noodle Bowl!
Want to feel great with all your lighter, more health conscious eating? Visit us at Premium Pilates & Fitness and try our New Member Promo!