As far as wellbeing activities go, cooking is a great stress release that can be meditative and help you unwind. So, here's another delicious and nutritious recipe for you to try for World Wellbeing Week!
I made this awesome Donna Hay take on a broccoli tart 3 times in one week - itâ€™s epic. It is really simple and so delicious.
Iâ€™ve made the recipe dairy-free for an allergy I have - but I have also put the dairy option in. It serves 8 with a side salad. TIPS: the pumpkin should be 1 kilo before removing the skin and the seeds. Save the broccoli stems to steam for a salad.
Broccoli & Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients - Broccoli Crust
2 heads of broccoli, roughly chopped, with just a little of the stem in each floret
3/4 cups almond meal
1/4 cup lactose free grated cheese / grated Parmesan
Deep pie / cake silicon dish (around 25cm circumference)
Ingredients - Pie Filling
1 kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded & cut into 4cm pieces
2 tablespoons Olive oil
250g lactose-free cream cheese / 250g fresh ricotta
15-20 sage leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200 Celsius. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Line the pie dish with baking paper.
2. Process the broccoli in a food processor until finely chopped. Pour into a large bowl and add the almond meal, 3 eggs, 1/4 cup cheese and salt & pepper. Stir to combine.Â
3. Pour the broccoli mixture into the pie dish, pressing firmly into the sides and bottom of the dish. The crust will be quite high up the sides. Make sure the base isnâ€™t too thick.
4. Toss the chopped pumpkin with a tablespoon of olive oil and salt & pepper. Line in the baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden. At the same time, bake the broccoli crust until golden. Remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
5. Combine the 6 eggs, cream cheese/ricotta, salt & pepper in a large bowl, and stir well. Once the pumpkin is roasted add it on top of the broccoli crust, then pour the egg and cheese mixture on top.
6. Toss the sage leaves with 1 tablespoon oil and place on top of the pie.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the egg is set.