These healthy snickers bars will certainly satisfy your sweet tooth and are super easy to make! The best part...They don’t contain any additives, preservatives, artificial colours, or questionable ingredients - just pure organic whole foods.
They are made by our lovely client Lara, who is a recipe creator, food stylist, photographer and writer for lalasplate.com. You will regularly find Lara working out at one of our Premium Pilates & Fitness studios or in the kitchen being creative!
• 1 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (or Quinoa Flakes - if GF)
• 2 tablespoons Smooth Hulled Tahini
• 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/3 cup vanilla bean Coyo yoghurt
• 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
• 12 Medjool dates (pits removed & soaked in warm water for 1 hour)
• 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp maca powder
• 1 tbsp coyo vanilla bean coconut yoghurt
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
• 1 block Pico dark chocolate
• 1 block 85% loving earth chocolate
1. Begin by making the base layer, add your oats (or quinoa flakes) to a high-powered blender or food processor and blitz for 30 seconds, or until a flour is formed.
2. Add vanilla extract, tahini, salt, Coyo and coconut sugar. Blend for 2 minutes, or until a dough like consistency is formed.
3. Press down your oat dough base layer into a lined square baking tin and place in freezer for 15 minutes, while you make the caramel layer.
4. Add your soaked medjool dates, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maca powder, coyo and salt to a high-powered blender and blend together. Blend for around 2 minutes, or until a runny but thick caramel is formed.
5. Remove your base layer from the freezer and evenly pour your caramel on top. Spread well with a spatula to coat the whole base.
6. Evenly sprinkle over your roasted peanuts over the caramel. Place the tin back into your freezer for 30 minutes.
7. Finally, remove your tin from freezer and cut into 12 equally sized snicker bars. Melt your dark chocolate using desired method and coat each bar in the melted chocolate. Place your chocolate coated bars onto onto a plate or tray and allow to set. Once the chocolate has hardened enjoy!
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Serves 12.
Want more of Lala's amazing recipes? Check out her Healthy Blueberry Muffins and her Beetroot Lentil & Pumpkin Falafels