Who doesn't love guacamole? I make it almost weekly, however, I must admit I usually just throw in avocado, lime and ground cumin (if I'm feeling adventurous)! I had never thought to add broccoli, until I stumbled across this recipe from globally renowned Chiva-Som International Health Resort in Thailand. Now my guacamole is extra healthy, due to the addition of the extra greens! You can serve this as a side to eggs or on toast for breakfast, as a yummy dip on top of crackers or as a big dollop in a buddha bowl!
* 100 g broccoli, roughly chopped
* 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
* 1/8 red onion, finely chopped
* 3 big basil leaves, finely chopped
* 1/2 large ripe avocado, mashed
* a splash of lime juice
* a pinch of salt & pepper
1. Bring a small saucepan half filled with water to the boil, then blanch broccoli for 2 minutes or until bright green and cooked.
2. Rinse the broccoli under cold water, then chop into smaller florets
3. Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl, chill and serve!
Want more healthy recipes?