Stone fruit are absolutely gorgeous right now! They are incredibly delicious and mixing a variety of stone fruit together creates a myriad of flavour that will make your heart and taste buds incredibly happy first thing in the morning. I love to incorporate protein in my breakfast as it helps to keep me full until lunch, so I add protein and collagen powder to my crumble. You can make this without if you prefer, but it makes it a perfect Busy Mum’s breakfast on the go!
Yields 4-5 serves
GF, DFO, RSF, SF
- 1kg mixed stone fruit (white and yellow peaches and nectarines, plums etc.)
- Rolled oats (make sure they’re uncontaminated for GF)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup mixed nuts
- 1 x 30g scoop protein powder
- 2 tbsp collagen (optional)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 25g butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp freeze dried wild cranberry or strawberry powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°c.
- Remove the pips from stone fruit and cut up into slices. Place into a ceramic oven dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients except for the freeze dried powder and mix together. Taste to make sure you are happy with the flavour balance and adjust if need be; I like mine to be sweet and salty but your taste buds may be different!
- Sprinkle the stone fruit with freeze dried powder if you are using, then top with the crumble mixture. Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until your stone fruit is heated through and nice and soft. If your crumble mixture is getting too dark, cover with alfoil to prevent it getting any darker.
- Serve with yoghurt for extra added protein or with some cream for a nice summer dessert! The crumble will store in the fridge for up to 5 days.